Saturday, December 02, 2006

Walking Disciples at Tamarack Beach, October 21, 2006

Saturday morning Skip joined me for a drive up to Carlsbad to meet our fellow MCC Walking Disciples for a hike along the bluffs overlooking the beach, starting at Tamarack Beach and walking south for 2-3 miles and then back to our starting point. It had been some time since I was in Carlsbad and when we got out of the car I looked around at the sun and the surf and the expansive sand and told Skip I'd forgotten how beautiful it is up here. Our hike was along sidewalks and bike paths and well traveled roads. Bicyclists, joggers, surfers, and walkers were all out enjoying the day.
As I write this I realize I'm approaching it from a Midwest perspective, as if such a fine day was a rare occasion as they are in central Illinois. Whereas in and around San Diego you can count on nearly everyday to be as good, or at least not so bad as to seriously prevent you from doing what you want to do. I'm still something of a tourist with his camera gawking at all the splendor as if I was the first to see it.

No comments: