Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006


Very early Wednesday morning Keith graciously provided shuttle service to San Diego International Airport for my 6:25am flight to Chicago. In Chicago I had about a 3 hour lay over before catching the commuter flight to Bloomington, IL where my mother and her friend Mac where waiting. Mom planned dinner at a very nice Chinese Buffet. But my stomach was upset and while she and Mac ate I could only manage some hot tea. But later I felt better and we stopped by the house of Harry and Betty. Their daughter Arnette was there with her husband, daughter, and a high school foreign exchange student. Arnette and I dated in High School and our families attended the same church.

Thanksgiving day was bright and warm for Central Illinois in late November. The good weather held for the whole long weekend. After scanning some photos out of Mom's albums and emailing them to myself, which you all will get to see here soon, we drove around Bloomington to see old haunts, schools, and new developments. After a light lunch at Baker's Square we drove 4o minutes to Peoria where my brother Dan, sister-in-law Rebecca, and daughter Lesley live. They're generally referred to as DRL. My oldest brother Steve was already on the road from Kansas City with my sister-in-law Kim, niece Eileen, and nephew Aaron. We call them SKEA.
They arrived right in time for a late afternoon Thanksgiving Day Feast headlined by Dan's fine craftmanship cooking and carving a turkey and Becky's off the charts amazing, memorable apple pie. I'd tell you the secret ingredient, but then I'd have to kill you. After dinner we gathered in front of DRL's living room fireplace for this photo. Except for my failing to make sure the tripod was holding my camera straight, we took a good picture.

1 comment:

Kim in KCK said...

No, I don't think it was the tripod at all. I think it was the wine.

We had a great time, too. Glad you made it home safe.

Love ya, Kim