Tuesday, December 05, 2006


Friday, after lunch, Mom and I left Peoria and drove up to Kankakee where she grew up and where my grandmother is in a nursing home. She's 94 years old and completely alert. Even though I hadn't seen her for over 5 years she knew who I was and where I was visiting from. She'd lost her hearing aids so it was hard to talk to her, but she mostly likes to talk about herself and I mostly like to listen so we had a fine time.

She's very much ready to go. She dreams every night about my grandfather who died 5 months before I was born. She dreams he's waiting for her at a wedding banquet. I have their wedding picture and a picture of the 2 of them shortly after they were married which I'll be posting here soon so you'll know what she looks like and who's she with when she's done with this life and goes on to the next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DSid she find her hearing aids?

TiminSD said...

As far as I know, no, she has not. And I got the impression they'd been missing for some time. However, 2 of my Aunts are doing a great job of managing her affairs and, as easy as it is to lose things in a nursing home, they probably have the situation under control.