Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quote: The Paradoxical Commandments



People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.

Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.

Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you win false friends and true
enemies.

Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.

Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.

Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest minds.

Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.

Fight for underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.

Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.

Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the
teeth.

Give the world the best you have anyway.

- Dr. Kent M. Keith

Michael R. posted Mother Teresa's version of this quote on facebook. I found myself thinking about it and referring back to it

2 comments:

MEU DIÁRIO said...

very good !! my name is edileusa. l live rio de janeiro,brasil, love loveyours comment "I'm not fun, not a man's no hobby.
I head, heart and I respect.
Am the person inside out.
My beauty is in my heart and in my character.
I believe in dreams, not utopia.
But when you dream, dream high.
I am here is to live, fall, learn, get up and move on.
I am this day ...
Tomorrow, I've been reinvented.
Reinvento me whenever life calls for a little more of me.
I'm complex, I'm mixing, I am a woman look like a girl ... And vice versa.
I lose, I try and I think.
And when necessary, go crazy and let roll ...
Do not give me half, I'm not your friend or your means almost love.
Or I'm all or nothing.
I can not stand compromises.
I'm silly, but I'm not stupid.
Naive, but not holy.
'm Easy person to laugh ... and cry too! "
People have the right to not like my way,
but I was not born to please anyone, I'm so sorry !!!!, errors of words, I am studying English,. kiss

MEU DIÁRIO said...

I loved this poem, the most comment is a clear fact of life, my name edileusa, live the Rio de Janeiro Brazil..