Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bike Ride Saturday 6.6.9. 22 miles

I finally made it to the start of this bike path, which has been my goal for the past few weeks. That it’s just under 10 miles from home and it took this much effort to reach is really pathetic. Although there is a stiff, steady wind coming in off the ocean that I’m battling almost the entire way out. Add to that a slight, but constant uphill grade and it’s kind of a challenge. I followed this path for about a mile along the train tracks. Then it ends and the bike route splits; you can stay to the right towards La Jolla Colony or go left into La Jolla Shores towards the ocean. But I was out of breath and still needed to get back home, so I turned around and headed back. Going downhill with the wind was a fun reward and a such a relief.

On the way home I took an extended break in Mission Bay Park watching everyone having fun in and along the water.









While still trying to catch my breath after walking up Presidio Hill I found this view at the end of a dead-end street. A house at the end of the street had a low wall I stood on to take the picture. I was hoping they didn’t mind too much. The view is looking southwest over San Diego Bay to the north island of Coronado and the open ocean beyond that. To the right is Point Loma. And on the horizon just left of center, very faint, is an island that, according to Google Earth, is about 21 miles away.




No comments: