Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bike Ride Saturday 6.13.9./ 24 miles

Last Saturday I decided to head out for my ride rather late in the afternoon. My days during the week start so early that Saturday mornings I’m moving very slow. I figured I would still have plenty of light since sunset is so late, and I could take advantage of the great light late in the day for photos.

I headed out along the same route I’ve been taking the past few weeks, this time going over a mile further into La Jolla Colony, which is a beautiful little neighorhood tucked in between the 5 and the canyon the train goes through. Although the last mile just about killed me going from a slight incline to a very steep hill. I had to stop and catch my breath for a few minutes before heading back and this is where I found the flowers.

Going back started out a little chilly because the sun was on the way down; but zooming down hill, so much fun. This was a good ride for me in that I only made 2 stops, a few minutes at the halfway point and another brief one to take the picture of the creek that the bike path goes along by Mission Bay



No comments: