Thursday, May 07, 2009

New Job

I’m three weeks into a new job at Invitrogen, a biotech firm in Carlsbad. Actually, Invitrogen just merged with Applied Biosystems and the new company is Life Technologies. Keith has been working there for several months and when one of the data entry people left he ushered my résumé into the right hands.

I’m really enjoying working for a dynamic company in a leading edge industry. They’re doing quite well despite this economy. The interior of the building is well-designed and they seem to have most of the latest technology. Everyone there is very smart and really nice. It’s a bit of a commute, but I’m going the opposite direction of the worst traffic and it’s a nice drive with views of the ocean and mountains off in the distance.

My friend Lisa also works there and we’re caught off guard when we run into each other because we’re not used to seeing each other at work.

No comments: