Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bicycling Mission Bay Park

A panoramic view of the northeast corner of Mission Bay. A minute after I took these pictures (there are 4 shots merged together) there were half a dozen wave runners zooming around on the water.
My 2nd favorite view from Mission Hills. This is across the street from Presidio Park.

My trusty steed.

This morning I rode 18.4 miles on my bicycle through Mission Hills, down Presidio Hill, across the SD River to Mission Bay Park. At the north end of the park I rode along a paved bike trail that goes along one of the creeks feeding into the bay. When that ended I followed bike trail signs on a couple side surface streets. My goal was a paved bike trail going through a nice, shaded canyon I'd seen from the train. But after 9.2 miles I was out of breath and tired and still had to get home so I turned around and headed back.

No comments: