Sunday, May 24, 2009

Friday Night Baseball Game





A client of Bruno’s passed along some free tickes to a Padrés baseball game so I got to see Petco Park from the inside. Even though I’m not a baseball fan it was a very fun evening. They do a good job of getting the crowd involved and keeping us entertained. The structure itself is very well-designed and they used lots of natural stone, stucco, and terazzo finishes to make it a beautiful building to walk through. I love that they incorporated an existing building into the stadium and that the area behind center field is free and a good spot for little kids to run around during the game. At the end of the game they shoot off an impressive fireworks show from there and bring all the people that were sitting there during the game onto the field.

Our seats were about half-way up looking right down the line from 1st to 2nd base in an area where they serve food and beverages right to your seat. But I got the impression that all the seats had good views and none of them were too far from the field. The staff were all really nice and helpful and seemed to be having fun themselves. I’ll post more pictures of the crowd and the action on the field later. Anyone with an extra ticket let me know. I’m in!

No comments: