Tuesday, March 20, 2007

No Parking...yet.


This is a bunch of card board panels one of the homeless guys has taped together to make a sort of tent. He was still in there as I took this picture early one Friday morning. This tent is frequently "parked" in the lot where I park downtown for work. I first noticed it shortly after I started working there. The first time I saw it he had it perpendicular across two parking spaces. The parking lot attendant nicely asked him to take it down soon and he was politely complying. It's a popular parking lot, fills up quickly, and they need the spaces. Some time later I saw it set up in a no parking area, which I thought was the best place. But lately he's been setting it up like this so it only takes up once space. What prompted the photo this morning, and made me laugh, was the two orange cones. Is the parking lot attendant so nice and concientious to make sure those spending the night won't get hit? Or is the homeless guy so detail oriented he not only puts together a pretty nice shelter and parks it appopriately, but he also takes the extra step to create a safe sleeping zone?

No comments: