Thursday, March 08, 2007

McAfee out, Kapersky in !

I'm once again able to log into my blog and add new posts. Whew!!! I was very frustrated at not being able to do anything. It started almost 2 weeks ago, about the time my computer security software, McAfee, did a major update. I went through everything with a fine tooth comb and still couldn't log in to Blogger. I could log in on other computers, just not my own. So annoying! Finally, tonight I decided to uninstall my McAfee security software. And sure enough, after doing that I was able to log in to Blogger just like before. I heard about Kapersky from another student in my computer literacy class who had good things to say about it. I've signed up for a 30 day trial and am still able to log in. I've heard McAfee doesn't uninstall cleanly so I'm hoping I don't run into any stray files causing problems. And yes, I could have tried to contact McAfee customer service, but I didn't feel like going around in circles with someone from India who wouldn't understand my problem and certainly couldn't fix it right away. I'm very relieved and plan to get back to posting something nearly everyday.

No comments: