Thursday, March 12, 2009

Storm Front: Book One of the Dresden Files

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) Storm Front by Jim Butcher


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
A classic PI “whodunit and I gotta find him before he does it to me” mystery with the added twist that the private investigator is a wizard and his assistant is a magical spirit that lives in a skull. A very fun, easy read. I'm looking forward to reading more in the series. The SciFi channel turned it into a really cool TV show. They made a few changes;nothing major, just polished it up a bit and tweaked it in good ways. I don't know if they're still showing, but I watched all the first season on hulu.com. I like a wizard that uses a drum stick for a wand and his staff is a magically charged hockey stick. Very fun.

Also on Hulu is a show called Secret Millionaire, where realy well-off people go undercover as destitute with only about $100 for a week. They go into blighted areas, learn what it's like to survive like that, and try to find folks they want to help. At the end of the week they go back and give away at least $100,000 of their own money. Finally, a reality TV show that does some good.

And also on Hulu I’m enjoying Journeyman; a guy keeps traveling back in time to help people. It’s inteligently written, showing the affect it has on his family and job.


View all my reviews.

No comments: