Thursday, January 01, 2009

Ghost of Christmas Past


Like other bloggers, while visiting Mom's house for the holidays I scanned some old photos on her computer and emailed them to myself.

This is me, 1967, our first winter in the house on Graham Street, I think. But it may not necessarily be from around Christmas time so I'm using artistic license with the title. Those are my two older brothers peeking out from underneath. That mulberry tree sat at the back of our backyard and had a tire swing that was the center of summertime activity for the neighborhood. There was an alley just behind me and that's our neighbor's house in the background.

I remember that coat as a favorite. We didn't usually get so much snow but I always liked it when we did. Dad would often take us sledding on the big hill at the golf course on the south end of town or ice skating on frozen lakes.

2 comments:

Fifty K said...

Cool pic and nice memory.

EMullins said...

Ah, those kinds of snow days were the best!