Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Starter Wife The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'm about halfway through watching the mini-series on hulu and decided to read the book. The book is a light-hearted look into the privileged life of the rich, famous, and powerful in Hollywood. It follows one woman's struggle to survive with her integrity intact among beautiful people with skewed values, much like The Devil Wears Prada and The Nanny Diaries. When I got to the halfway point I thought the book wasn't as good those other books, or even the TV show, but at that point the author was finished describing the environment and setting up her characters and was able to use her language of wit to really tell the story of these people. In the second half I really started to like the book and the characters and the author's writing style. An easy, fun, fast read; good for beaches and airports.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: