Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Kite Runner The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
What amazing storytelling! The author doesn't spending anytime analyzing situations; he just lets events speak for themselves. The whole effect is as if looking through stained glass at a beautifully told story. The book is so devastating; at several points I gasped out loud at things I didn't see coming. The ending is poignant and hopeful. Throughout the book I appreciated the personal point of view brought to events in the middle east. At about 2/3rds through I just stayed up all night and read through the next day. I've got A Thousand Splendid Suns but I'm reading other books in between until I'm ready for another rollercoaster. A beautiful book.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

EMullins said...

One of my new favorites too. I read it last summer, and I find myself constantly pushing it on my students.