Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


If Oscars were given out for life, my Mother would have several, starting with surviving polio at 2 years old in the middle of the Depression, and including coming to terms with having a gay son. Many parents, when they suspect they have a gay child, send that child to counseling, which only makes the situation much worse. My Mother did an amazing thing. She went to a counsellor herself and, fortunately, found a good one who told her I was the same good guy she thought I was. For someone who grew up in the Midwest in the '40s that's amazing.

My Mother isn't perfect; she has some prejudices that occasionally rise up. And like Martha in Luke 10 she's often "worried about many things". But she's human, and that's what makes her perfect.


Happy Mother's Day Mom. I love you!

No comments: