Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Big Bear Lake Sunday, September 3, 2006

Saturday, September 2nd, just before 4pm, I headed out the door armed with directions to Big Bear Lake from Google Maps. The directions were accurate except for a detour required to stay on the 215 between Highway 60 and I-10. Through several calls on the cell phone Matt and Bill guided me into a safe landing, after a beautiful drive up the mountain, through the forest, and part way down the other side. Every turn was a photo opportunity but they were graciously holding dinner so I kept going. I arrived in time for an excellent homemade Mexican dinner, John's birthday celebration, and some cutthroat Uno. John is seated in front of his birthday cake baked by Matt. Behind him, left to right is: Bill, Brad, Matt, and Steve.

No comments: